We can provide you with an objective appraisal, which is more accurate than a Realtor sourced Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). A pre-listing appraisal ensures that both you and your agent have an accurate description of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the most recent and comparable sales. In addition to helping you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal:
- Provides an effective tool for negotiating with potential buyers and their agents.
- Helps instill confidence in potential buyers since you have written proof of your home’s value.
- Highlights for you any obvious repair problems which helps eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing. Note: an appraisal is not a home inspection.
- Decreases the chances of sales falling through due to unforseen problems.
- Can eliminate the wait for the buyer or their mortgage company to get an appraisal done on their own.
An overpriced home attracts far fewer buyers, which means fewer and possibly no offers, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts. An underpriced home can result in a lower selling price. Getting a pre-listing appraisal will help you and your realtor determine a list price that will maximize your chances of selling as quickly as possible for the optimum price.
Improvements to Add Value
We can help you determine what, if any, improvements would most be the most cost effective in adding value to your home. Should you remodel the bathroom prior to selling? Should you replace the roof? We can help you answer such questions.