What will happen the day of the inspection?
We can do rush appraisals. Let us know how fast you need the report.
Help us go even faster by doing the following:
Order appraisals online. You will get an immediate email confirming our receipt of the the order, and company owner & Sacramento appraiser Scott Burton gets both an email and a PDA text message immediately with each online order.
Provide complete property & borrower information. Accurate information helps us identify the property quickly. Make sure your contact information/email address is correct & clear. We have found that cell phone numbers and email are the easiest way to contact the occupant/access person.
Describe any known unique features: Please describe any such features at the time of order. We will find out on our own anyway, but knowing about them early saves us time and allows your report to be completed more rapidly.
The day of the inspection:
The appraiser will:
- Be at the property between 20-60 minutes, depending on the size, condition & complexity.
- Look briefly into each room, take interior (each room) & exterior photos.
- Measure the home from the outside (upstairs inside).
- Ask the owner, as applicable, about any upgrades that may not be apparent. We welcome any list of of upgrades completed or other owner input.
- Collect a payment (cash/check/credit card), unless other payment arrangements have been made.
- (For FHA appraisals only) - test certain mechanical equipment, check for FHA required items & view crawl space/ attic.
- Check for smoke and carbon monoxide detectors (one each floor) and double strapped water heater.
Does the home have to be perfectly clean?
No! Of course, the cleaner & less cluttered the property, the better the photographs will present to the users of the appraisal. However, we are used to looking past any deferred cleaning and personal possessions. We are only looking at the materials & condition of the home, imagining that it is empty and that an owner would spend at least a weekend cleaning & prepping for a potential sale.
***Please be sure all dogs are secured, we will need to see the garage, side & rear yards too***